University of Hawai’i Press is proud to present the early release of the following articles from Philosophy East and West: A Quarterly of Comparative Philosophy through a partnership with Project MUSE.
- Sounding out différance: Derrida, Saussure, & Bhartṛhari
by Charles Li
- Hegel and Islam
by M.A.R. Habib
- Self-cognition? Saṃghabhadra, Armstrong, and Introspective Consciousness
by Chih-chiang Hu
- Personal Immortality in Transhumanism and Ancient Indian Philosophy
by Adam Buben
- Madhyamaka, Metaphysical Realism and the Possibility of an Ancestral World
by Simon P. James
- Mawardi and Machiavelli: Reflections on Power in their Mirrors for Princes
by Jeremy Kleidosty
- The Discontents of Moderate Political Confucianism and the Future of Democracy in East Asia
by Zhuoyao Li
- Women on Love — Idealization in the Philosophies of Diotima (Symposium) and Murasaki Shikibu (The Tale of Genji)
by Sandra A. Wawrytko
Please note: Early release manuscripts have gone through a rigorous peer-review process and will appear in a future issue of the journal. However, articles have not yet been through the full production process and therefore appear in their original manuscript form, which may contain errors. These articles will be removed from the early release page once they are published as part of an issue.
Stay tuned for more early release articles from UH Press journals in 2017.