Asian / Pacific Island Nursing Journal Special Issue on Technology and Health
Guest Editor: Reimund Serafica, PhD
Co-Editor: Jillian Inouye, Ph.D., FAAN
Deadline: October 31, 2018
The special issue on technology and health will feature articles related to the use of technology and health for Asian-Pacific Islanders. The title of this special issue, Asian / Pacific Island Technology and Health, welcome manuscripts from the United States, Asian and Pacific Island countries. Researchers, educators, graduate students, practitioners and administrators which report the health of Asian populations and health care approaches using technology are welcome.
Please submit your manuscripts in the form of formal papers. For this special issue on Technology, we are particularly interested in the following:
- Studies on health of Asians, Pacific Islanders, and Asian-Americans with a goal on improving health and achieving equity.
- Studies of regionally or culturally determined primary care practices.
- Comparative or review of the state of lifestyle behaviors, common symptoms and their management.
Original and empirical studies using qualitative, quantitative, or mixed-methods are welcome. The journal publishes peer-reviewed articles that include, but are not limited to:
- Methods, interventions, instrumentation, and educational techniques that are unique to this group.
- Theoretical foundations that increase understanding the unique response to changes in health and illness.
- Bio psychosocial, spiritual, and ecological impacts on practice, education, and research.
- Policy issues as a result of rigorous research outcomes.
Complete information on how to prepare and submit articles and proposals may be found online.
Asian / Pacific Island Nursing Journal: Official Journal of the Asian American / Pacific Islander Nurses Association has been accepted for inclusion in the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ). The journal content is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Asian / Pacific Island Nursing Journal: Official Journal of the Asian American / Pacific Islander Nurses Association features research papers, empirical and theoretical articles, editorials, abstracts of recent dissertations, and conference summaries that relate to nursing care written by scientists and researchers in nursing and the social sciences.