Cross-Currents: East Asian History and Culture Review vol. 6, no. 2 opens with a section on cartography, echoing a theme published in vol. 6, no. 1 earlier this year.
Maps and Their Contexts: Reflections on Cartography and Culture in Premodern East Asia
- Introduction by Robert Goree
- The Local in the Imperial Vision: Landscape, Topography, and Geography in Southern Song Map Guides and Gazetteers by Fan Lin
- Sankei Mandara: Layered Maps to Sacred Places by Talia Andrei
- Meisho zue and the Mapping of Prosperity in Late Tokugawa Japan by Robert Goree
- Mapping the Forgotten Colony: The Ogasawara Islands and the Tokugawa Pivot to the Pacific by Jonas Rüegg